Obesity is one of the most common problems in the UK. It is associated with various chronic medical conditions – such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, type 2 diabetes and even cancer. Obesity is an accumulation of fat in the body, which usually comes through the food we eat. Your healthcare advisor would suggest you to go on a diet and perform rigorous exercise to shed those extra pounds.
Simple changes in your eating habits would help you lose weight and you need not require going on a strict diet. The main objective is to stay away from consuming too much of calories.
Image courtesy of Pinterest.com
Here are the ways you can follow to keep your body mass index within normal limits –
- Do not skip your breakfast. Skipping breakfast make you hungry throughout the day and you may crave for unhealthy foods. Start your day with high protein and low carbohydrate foods. Add foods rich in fibre and have a fresh homemade fruit juice.
- You should start eating fresh fruits, dried fruits, organic vegetables and Greek yoghurt instead of candy bars, potato chips and fried foods. A fresh crispy apple or a can of naturally prepared peach juice is a great alternative.
- You should get in habit of eating whole grain foods rather than white bread, such as oatmeal, brown rice, etc. Switch on to healthy eating habits and you will never have to follow any strict diet plan to curb obesity.
- If you and your family members are relying on whole milk, it is the time to choose low fat milk. By doing this, you will prevent your body from accumulating abundant amount of calories.
- Limit the amount of sugar intake. Use a sugar substitute in your morning coffee or breakfast cereal. Sugar is one of the most trigger factors of obesity. If you cut down sugar intake, you will experience significant changes in your weight.
- Stay away from energy drinks, regular sodas and sweetened ice teas. Instead, you start drinking homemade fresh juices made from organic fruits.
- Eat right! Eat small meals at smaller intervals, rather than eating larger meals at once. Do not overeat. More importantly, eat in a right way. Chew your food thoroughly before gulping. Do not just swallow the food directly. Chewing helps in proper digestion.
- Rely on salads made from cucumbers, plain yoghurt, pepper and salt. It is one of the healthier ways to shed extra pounds and it tastes great.
- Avoid foods that contain saturated and trans fats. Instead, go for foods that are rich in mono- and poly-unsaturated fats. Rely on nuts, seeds, olives and fish. Foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids are highly beneficial when it comes to losing weight.
- Start walking or swimming! These aerobic exercises are low impact physical activities that are easy to perform and you are less likely to get hurt. There is no need to pumping irons and lifting heavy weights.
- Take help of weight loss products that are found to be effective in many cases. However, you need to seek medical help before choosing any weight loss supplement or product.
Some of these weight-losing tips may seem really difficult to do, but you need to initiate with a few things. The only way you can shed those pounds is to make healthy changes in your dietary habits. Once you gain control over your eating habits, you can add exercise to your daily routine to see yourself in a perfect shape.
The moment you start walking or jogging, consult a physical trainer, which can help you with more exercises that can keep you away from obesity. Try out new things, express yourself, be socially active and focus on your daily diet. It will help you discover the new in you.
The abovementioned ways are pretty effective in reducing your weight. All you need is a sheer dedication and determination. Note down things in a diary to help your keep motivated, because losing weight is not an easy task; you need constant motivation. For instance, you should find buddy and go for a walk with him or her.
Get rid of obesity in order to stay away from chronic health issues! Eat right and do exercise! Don't be lazy! Take care of your health!