Do you like fruit and veg? Well, it's not a favourite part of my diet either, and I'm guessing many of you out there feel the same way! However if you are trying to burn unwanted body fat, fruit and veg are going to be a vital part of your diet. The real trick is then to sneak them into your diet rather than unwillingly to force them down your throat.
Let's face it there is a ton of fruit and veg in the world and yet, most people don't consume enough of it. In fact such little fruit and veg is consumed that it could be considered as a major public health concern for both children and adults.
Image courtesy of Pinterest.com
How much is enough?
An important factor to consider is portion size, how much fruit and veg should you be taking in every day? You should aim to at least fill half your plate with fruit and veg. Another important factor to consider is what types of fruit and veg you should be consuming. The best way to answer that question is to simply refer to the colours of the rainbow. As long as you are including at least one fruit or vegetable from each colour of the rainbow you should receive the maximum nutrition for that meal.
Which fruit and veg is the best?
There is no simple answer to this question, instead purchase produce that is in season at the moment. This way they will be at their cheapest and at their peak flavour. Canned fruit and veg will work just as well, as long as they are stored in their own juices or water, however try avoid frozen produce as they typically contain more sugar than normal for added flavour!
5 Ways to get sneaky with your fruit and vegetables.
1. Quick snacks. Keep produce that require very little preparation and freshly cut fruit and veg for the 'on the go' snack. This is a handy little trick especially if you are the type of person who likes to snack while working or watching TV! Try avoiding dried fruits as these tend to contain more calories and fill you less than the fresh versions would.
2. Experiment with combos. Try mixing your fruit and vegetables for more wild and exotic tastes!
3. Create meals with fruit and vegetables as the main ingredient.
4. Mix your breakfast with fruit and veg.
5. Create delicious smoothies. Throw your fruit and veg into the blender and drink them, but stay away from prepared fruit juice at all costs as these are usually just empty calories! A good idea is to use low-fat yogurt as the filler.
There's no way to avoid it, but if you want lose weight, fresh fruit and vegetables are just going to be a part of your diet! And let's face it, it's not that fun to be shoving them down your thought every day, that's why it's best to sneak them into your body. It's all about enjoying the process, if you make it a 'gruelling' experience you will give up sooner and won't burn any fat that way!